Currently, the City of Saint Charles has 22 parks serving residents and visitors. These parks offer a wide variety of opportunities from swimming to nature trails.
What is Inclusive Recreation?
- Working to Include & Accommodate Everyone Who Wants to Participate! Children and Adults of ALL Abilities Participating Side by Side in Recreation Programs
Parks and Recreation Partnership:
"The St. Charles Parks and Recreation Department is proud to be a member of the Parks and Recreation Partnership. Our Parks and Recreation Board and Staff are dedicated to providing inclusive recreation for our community. This partnership allows us to share the services and knowledge of the Inclusion Coordinator to better serve citizens of all abilities. Please call and let us know how we can meet your needs."
Maralee M. Britton, Director of Parks and Recreation
- The Parks & Recreation Partnership includes the following cities:
St. Charles Parks & Recreation Department
St. Peters Parks & Recreation Department
Lake St. Louis Parks & Recreation Department
Wentzville Parks & Recreation Department
O'Fallon Parks and Recreation Department
Examples of Modifications
- Modifying Activities
- Changing Staff to Participant Ratios
- Monitoring Effectiveness of Accommodations
- Arranging for participants to meet Staff Prior to the Program
Who is the Inclusion Coordinator?
Brita Weight is the Inclusion Coordinator for the Parks and Recreation Partnership.
- Below is Brita's contact information to learn more about Inclusive Recreation, or how we can better accommodate your needs, send an e-mail, written correspondence or call:
Attn: Brita Weight
P.O. Box 9
St. Peters, MO 63376