Currently, the City of Saint Charles has 22 parks serving residents and visitors. These parks offer a wide variety of opportunities from swimming to nature trails.
Discovery Playground - Jaycee Park
"If you are a dreamer come in." - Shel Silverstein
Dedicated October 5, 2012
The Accessible Playground project in Jaycee Park is a partnership between The St. Charles Parks & Recreation Department, Unlimited Play, Inc. St. Charles Developmental Disabilities Resource Board (DDRB) and the City of St. Charles.
Working with SWT Design and All Inclusive Rec. a final design was completed in June of 2011. To view the final design click on the following link: Discovery Playground
The playground has an "Adventure/Explorer" theme, utilizes the natural hillside of the park and includes the following:
- 2-5 area (Includes custom butterfly and log)
- 5-12 area (Fully ramped and accessible)
- Swing Area (Traditional, toddler, ADA accessible and Saucer Swing)
- Roller and metal slides (For those with cochlear implants)
- Accessible one of a kind water play feature. (April through September depending on temperatures)
- Musical play features (Free notes)
- Interlocking rubber tile surfacing
- Is fenced in.
- Shelters, pergola & connective pathways and trails
Also, click on this link to see a video of other projects Unlimited Play have been involved with in the region and how you can be involved and donate to the Jaycee Playground here in St. Charles.
Partial funding for the rubberized tile surfacing provided by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources Scrap Tire Surface Material Program.