Wapelhorst Park contains a mix of active and passive recreation components throughout the park. Major destination amenities within the park include a four field softball complex, an aquatic center with speed slide and the Gould Community Building. Two ponds, three shelters, an interpretative nature trail and wildflower area and several large open lawn areas and picnic sites throughout the park provide a variety of passive recreation opportunities.
Dawn – 12 am (April 1 – Nov. 14)
Dawn – 10 pm (Nov. 15 – March 31)
Park hours may be extended to 12am
on days that snow is present for sledding.
1875 Muegge Road
- 78 Acres
- Wapelhorst Aquatic Facility
- Playground Area
- 4 Softball Diamonds
- 2 Soccer Fields
- 2 Tennis/Pickleball Courts
- 3 Picnic Shelters
- 2 Sand Volleyball Courts
- Small Fishing Lake With a 0.28 Mile Paved Trail Around It
- George Gould Community Building
- Concession Stand
- Paved Hike/Bike Trail
- Concession stand restrooms are open April 1 - November 14. Restrooms attached to the Gould Building are open year round.