The BRC (Basic Rider Course) is ideal for both beginning and experienced riders. Approximately half classroom, half riding. Course progresses from basic controls and riding skills to street strategies, special situations, and accident avoidance maneuvers. Emphasis on personal responsibility and risk management. Students ride motorcycles furnished by University of Central Missouri.
2 Day Course: 8:00A-5:00P both days
Fee: $240 per person- due at time of registration
Honda 250cc Nighthawks are provided during class.
Classes are limited to 12 participants.
Location: 2300 North Main Street, St. Charles, MO 63301
- Be 15.5 years or older
*Parents must sign a waiver at the beginning of the first day if participant is under the age of 18
- Be able to ride a bicycle
- Wear protective clothing
- Assume financial responsibility for injuries
- Full fingered gloves
- 3/4 or full faced helmet, DOT approved with no visible damage
- Footwear over the ankle, 2″ heel MAX, no dangling laces, NO TENNIS SHOES, leather boots preferred
- Pants- full length, no holes or dangling strings, denim or leather preferred
- Long-sleeved jacket or heavy shirt
- Eye protection- sunglasses or eyeglasses accepted, goggles or face-shield preferred
- Sunscreen and rain suit recommended
Course Completion Cards:
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a course completion card which may entitle you to receive a 5%-25% discount on motorcycle insurance through select companies. Completion of this course eliminates the driving and written portion of obtaining your Missouri state motorcycle driver’s license.
Students will be offered a lunch break. Bringing along a lunch is recommended otherwise going somewhere nearby for lunch is also an option as long as they are back within the designated lunch break time frame the instructors offer.
For more information about the Motorcycle Training Classes
or to inquire about class availability call 636.949.3372.
COURSES WILL GO RAIN OR SHINE. CLASSES BEGIN AT 8:00AM SHARP. NO LATE ENTRY ALLOWED.
- If cancelling 14 or more days prior to scheduled activity: Refund minus a $10 administration fee
- If cancelling 14 days or less from scheduled activity: NO REFUND
- Personal absences are forfeited.