Wapelhorst Park contains a mix of active and passive recreation components throughout the park. Major destination amenities within the park include a four field softball complex, an aquatic center with speed slide and the Gould Community Building. Three shelters, a fishing lake, an interpretative nature trail and wildflower area and several large open lawn areas and picnic sites throughout the park provide a variety of passive recreation opportunities.
Dawn – 12 am (April 1 – Nov. 14)
Dawn – 10 pm (Nov. 15 – March 31)
Park hours may be extended to 12am
on days that snow is present for sledding.
1875 Muegge Road
- 78 Acres
- Wapelhorst Aquatic Facility
- Playground Area
- 4 Softball Diamonds
- 2 Soccer Fields
- 2 Tennis/Pickleball Courts
- 3 Picnic Shelters
- 2 Sand Volleyball Courts
- Small Fishing Lake with a 0.28 mile paved trail around it (1.7 acres)
- George Gould Community Building
- Concession Stand
- Paved Hike/Bike Trail
- Concession stand restrooms are open April 1 - November 14. Restrooms attached to the Gould Building and next to the tennis courts are open year round.